Thursday 4 October 2007

Diabetic - treasure your feet

I've been getting pains in my knees for a while now so I decided it was time to visit the doctors.

Before any treatment he suggested I have a diabetes check because it runs in my family.

My aunt loss her toes due to her lack of care. If you don't look after yourself properly you can even lose the whole foot (www.health24.com) .

As a general rule we should always wash our feet properly and make sure we dry between the toes to avoid bacteria growth.

I remember watching my mum go through all the tests to make sure everything is how it should be.

Your cholesterol and food intake can have bad effects on your health if you don't monitor yourself properly.
Cholesterol forms an essential part of a healthy diet but too much in the blood can lead to health problems. It is not necessary to cut all fats out of your diet. The trick is to replace the bad fats with good ones.

Many diabetics have learnt to minister their own medication i.e insulin, check their own blood level and sugar intake.

No comments: